The 15th ASEF Classroom Network Conference (#ASEFClassNet15) will take place from 25-29 November 2019 in Tokyo, Japan, a country that is globally recognised as a leading hub for the invention of AI based technologies and research.
The conference will be organised in collaboration with Sophia University, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology – Japan, with support from the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), Development Education Association & Resource Center (DEAR) , Ochanomizu University Senior High School and The Open University.
15th ASEF Classroom Network Conference will focus on the theme, “Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) and AI: The Role and Readiness of Teachers” and will address 3 key questions:
- What roles do teachers need to play in classrooms to transform teaching and learning practices for ESD in the AI era?
- What level of knowledge on ESD and AI do teachers need to develop appropriate pedagogies?
- What kind of capacity building and partnership support do teachers need to integrate ESD meaningfully in the school curriculum and to enhance their readiness for the AI era?
ASEF ClassNet15 will promote a deeper discussion on ESD and provide a brief introduction on emerging AI technologies in education. The conference will facilitate a robust action-oriented dialogue on ESD, AI, and the role and readiness of teachers by providing a multi stakeholder platform for secondary/high schools and vocational school teachers, researchers, policy makers and EdTech leaders to:
- Raise awareness and build knowledge on the topic “Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) and AI: The Role and Readiness of Teachers” as an integrative element in teaching and learning in secondary, high, and vocational school education, through case-studies and practical tools
- Encourage schools to join an active Asia-Europe network and to initiate collaboration and support for creating holistic and timely relevant future learning environments
- Gather feedback from teachers to suggest policy recommendations to education policy makers and governments to integrate ESD into curricula with the help of AI tools.
The application is now closed, and we are in the process of selecting the participants. We kept the application link open. Hence, you can still submit an application. However, please note that your application will only be considered under waiting list. Therefore, we might select you when a selected participant drops out and a slot is open.
Check these out for more information on ASEF ClassNet15: